Photobucket
Tantalus Band Of Thieves
March 28, 2024, 02:58:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum http://zombiesoft.ulmb.com/index.php

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Buyx Staff List Login Register  

How to download and install a new operating system.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to download and install a new operating system.  (Read 10 times)
Brandon
Zombie King
Administrator

« on: September 15, 2008, 01:20:52 pm »

Download any version of the operating system you want you can get most of them here in torrent form [HERE] once downloaded burn the .Iso file to a DVD using MagicIso which you can get [HERE]

Now turn off your computer, how ever scary it is. When booting at your boot screen you'll see something telling you to press F12 or Tab or something to boot from CD for my Dell computer its F12 for my Asus laptop its Tab, insert the DVD into your disk drive. Click on the option to boot from your internal disk drive or external usb drive. Now follow the on screen instructions to install the operating system.

If you want to get rid of your current operating system delete the partition on your drive. If you want to dual boot create a new partition on your drive and assign it a amount of memory this operating system and anything associated to it will use by this i mean anything you install or save on it unless its on a different drive.

ThePirateBay.Org is a torrent website and it not associated with Rune-Server.org, some downloads on ThePiratesBay.Org will contain unwanted virus's I suggest you download your operating systems from the Top 100 section as you will have high seed rates and pretty much guaranteed not to have a virus in the download.

[SIZE="3"]
[ Warning spesificly directed at Apple OS's. Most Apple OS's check if you are actually running a apple machine I myself have recently attempted to install OSX Leopard which failed epicly and ended up with me having to root around trying to find a version of vista I had burnt to a disk. I understand there is a project know as Leo4All which is apparently working on non apple machines but Iv tried it and it didn't work for me, it deleted my boot loader which basicly ment I couldn't do anything but re-install my OS VIA bios
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum