Photobucket
Tantalus Band Of Thieves
March 28, 2024, 05:02:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum http://zombiesoft.ulmb.com/index.php

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Buyx Staff List Login Register  

ChatBox solution...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ChatBox solution...  (Read 119 times)
Elizabeth

Ryequis is the best bro ever?!?!

« on: July 14, 2008, 04:54:47 pm »

Well I know Zidane was right to have taken the ChatBox away, because I understand what he was talking about.
I used to post and be really active but when everyone started filling up the ChatBox, hardly anyone ever posted.
As he said he doesn't want it to be a ghost town...

But I think I have a solution:
Bring the ChatBox in and out at some point in the day.
(example)
Say around 5:00 in the evening you could maybe, put it on and maybe at around 7:00
you could take it back off. (If it wouldn't be too much trouble)
And some of you may be thinking that what about timezones, well I have a solutuion for that.
Somewhere on the forums you could post something such as ChatBox will be opening in 5 mins.
and then you could maybe keep it up for about 2 hours or so, and then close it.
That will keep people active and they can post while they are waiting for it to come up.
Another thing is maybe on your favorite day of the week or something You could have it up that whole
day and at the end of the day or early in the morning you could take it off and keep it off until that
day next week.

Please take this solution into consideration.
-Liz
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Manningham
SEXY MOD
Community Veteran

Contains 5% Juice

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 05:22:14 pm »

Well I know Zidane was right to have taken the ChatBox away, because I understand what he was talking about.
I used to post and be really active but when everyone started filling up the ChatBox, hardly anyone ever posted.
As he said he doesn't want it to be a ghost town...

But I think I have a solution:
Bring the ChatBox in and out at some point in the day.
(example)
Say around 5:00 in the evening you could maybe, put it on and maybe at around 7:00
you could take it back off. (If it wouldn't be too much trouble)
And some of you may be thinking that what about timezones, well I have a solutuion for that.
Somewhere on the forums you could post something such as ChatBox will be opening in 5 mins.
and then you could maybe keep it up for about 2 hours or so, and then close it.
That will keep people active and they can post while they are waiting for it to come up.
Another thing is maybe on your favorite day of the week or something You could have it up that whole
day and at the end of the day or early in the morning you could take it off and keep it off until that
day next week.

Please take this solution into consideration.
-Liz
O.O O.O u iz teh smartness!!! But how about, 8:00 PM- 10:00 PM, cas that when i usually on, and i don't wanna miss when every1 else is on =\.
Report Spam   Logged

Have any questions plz ask me or another staff member.
Made by Jo3 (he's awesome)

Noob1
Community Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 05:59:14 pm »

uhm i already mentioned that to zidane by pm´s, i think it would be better to just open the chatbox at certain days or a post count limit like zidane said... it would probably be a problem to some ppl to join the chatbox because the time is different since you guys are like 6:30 - 7 hours under my time...(ex: 10 am/in the morning at your place and its 5pm/in the afternoon here...) anyways i think its a good solution but i think it would be better the days that were marked for the chatbox to be open like a calendary with all days of the mounth marking the open days for the chatbox usage...
Report Spam   Logged
Brandon
Zombie King
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 08:53:06 pm »

I honestly dont see what the big deal is I mean we have the fourm we dont need a chatbox either way we'll loose activity why else do you think no other fourm has chatboxs? to prevent less activity just like frugooscape's fourm Al doesnt havent a chatbox for that reason just like any other active fourm. and if we need eachother theres always the pm option.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum